AmeriCorps Service Position:
Environmental Education Coordinator
AMERICORPS SERVICE POSITION:
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION COORDINATOR
- Service Start Date: September 16, 2017
End Date: July 31, 2018
"Promoting the sustainable use, conservation & restoration of natural resources in our community"
The Mason Conservation District assists residents of Mason County by providing a link between landowners, industry, and government agencies. We also provide technical and financial assistance to residents willing to implement conservation Best Management Practices. Most District services are available to Mason County residents at no cost, including technical assistance.
Mason Conservation District’s AmeriCorps member will create a cohesive approach to improving the quality of life for our community through a comprehensive education program; native plant promotion; volunteer taskforce development; and use of sustainable farming practices. The AmeriCorps member will serve youth and adults providing hands-on activities, classroom instruction, service project opportunities and other outreach activities.
This position is contingent on funding. In addition to applying online, applicants must send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The AmeriCorps Environmental Education Coordinator will:
- Assist with Kids With Conservation Knowledge (KWICK) Youth Education Program
- Research and develop hands-on K-12 Field Investigations
- Pollinator Habitat Enhancement Program Development
- Coordinate the Manure Exchange Program (MCDMEP)
- Coordinate Blueberry Maintenance and Propagation Workshop
- Coordinate Native Plant Promotion Event
- Develop Education Resources
- Assist with Shore Friendly Mason Program
- Develop Volunteer Opportunities, Volunteer Outreach, Recruitment, and Recognition
- Coordinate volunteer natural resource training for local at risk youth training corps
- Elementary School Garden Parent Volunteer coordination for three gardens
Members will receive the following for their service:
1. Living stipend of $ $1,202.86 per month provided by WSC (before taxes)
2. Training and experience
3. Subsidized childcare provided by GAP Solutions Inc. (if qualified)
4. Health Insurance (member only and only if no other health insurance coverage)
5. Student loan forbearance (on qualifying loans)
6. $5,815 Education Award provided by National Service Trust (upon successful completion of 10.5 month term of service and 1,700 hours of service)
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen.
- Meet criminal background check requirements.
- College Graduate.
You are really applying to two organizations – Mason Conservation District and the AmeriCorps program.
- To qualify for AmeriCorps, you must complete their application at
To apply to Mason Conservation District we will need the following:
- Completed AmeriCorps application (AmeriCorps will email us your application once
- Compelling cover letter demonstrating your passion and fit for this position
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 9am PST, Friday,
July 7, 2017 for initial consideration. This position will remain open until filled.